So at the beginning of the month, I met up with a friend who went to Bangkok and came back with lash extensions. When I saw her, I was like "OMG why are you so pretty' hahaha. She shared with me about her experience with lash extensions and after her convincing me that lash extensions were not as troublesome as I thought, I decided to go ahead and get them.
I got lash extensions once back in JC 1 when I was about 17? Needless to say I had to remove them after about 3-4 days of wear cos the school would not let me keep them :( But I remembered them as being quite cumbersome to maintain so I never got them again
Anyway, I got groupon deal and paid $20 for multi strand extensions. When I got there, I decided too pay $30 more for single lash extensions (i'll talk more about what they are in a bit). I paid $50 altogether and I must say it is money well spent cos I am loving the extensions :) I got it done at a beauty shop in Clementi and I am pleasantly surprised at how great the service was.
I think it does not look that dramatic with my eyes open. I don't think that the type and style of extensions I chose gives a very false lash effect so I think it would not be too over the top for school.
Muti Lash Extensions
The most common/ inexpensive type of lash extension. As it's name suggests each the extensions are attached as a clump of lashes.
For this sort of lash extensions, the effect is often more dramatic and you would end up with very voluminous va va voom effect. It is up to personal preference but it may be too dramatic IMO to have them on 24/7 unless you have very large deep set eyes.
Because each clump of extensions have multiple strands of lashes, it takes only about 20-30 mins to get them. However there would b a very obvious 'bald spot' when the extension falls off.
Single Strand Extensions
The only downside apart from it being pricier is that it takes such a long time to get them on. My appointment took 1.5 hours but I think it all depends on the person who does them.
I think the worry that most people have is that your own lashes will fall off when you remove the extensions. I haven't had my extensions long enough to determine that, but I have been assured a million times by the beautician that that is never going to happen.
As for the lifespan of the lashes, I guess it all depends on how well you take care of them. I've dropped about 3 lashes(?) over about 4 days because I have been exposing the extensions to eye makeup remover and we are not really supposed to do that. I would think that the lash extensions can last about 2 months if you don't mess around with them too much.
- Saves time: With lash extensions, you would look good even without makeup so getting ready in the mornings is a breeze
- Awesome for those who struggles with false lashes: If you don't know or struggle to apply false lashes yourself, lash extensions are a very easy way out :)
- Natural looking gorgeous lashes: Well thank god for technology and creativity, lash extensions are becoming more natural and they feel natural as well.
- Inconvenience when washing face: I have to admit it is quite a hassle washing my face with extensions on. I have to wash around my eyes which is something that I am not used to.
- Inconvenience when removing eye makeup: This is the part that I am struggling with the most. The lash extensions are attached on with some special lash glue that makes it more durable than ordinary lash glue. BUT it is still glue so it would be dissolved by oil based makeup removers. So when removing my eye makeup, I have to take extra caution to not get too much makeup remover on my extensions. I use cotton bud to remove the makeup along my lashline so it is quite time consuming.
- Unable to rub eyes freely: Haha this is something that is quite a struggle for me as well because I have quite sensitive eyes so they tend to get itchy. With the extensions, I cannot rub my eyes freely anymore :( I have to work my way around the lashes to rub my eyes which is both hilarious and quite sad to look at.
Anyhos I am very happy with my lash extensions and I am hoping that they would be able to last for about a month or at least till the end of CNY to make my money's worth haha. Here is a picture of the end result and me with very minimal eye makeup. I guess this is how I would look like till all the extensions fall off.
I hope this has been helpful to those who are considering getting lash extensions.
Till next time then ~