Today I wanna talk about false lashes. I used to have a love hate relationship with it when I first started cos THEY WERE A PAIN TO APPLY. But I have to say, as cliche as it sounds, practice does makes perfect.
If you have trouble putting it on yourself, just get someone to put it on for you. There is no skill required when someone else does it. Just put it right along your lashline and VOILA.
The main reason why you may face problems applying lashes is cos the glue is not tacky enough. Give it a good 2 mins to set. I always curl and apply mascara while I wait for my lashes to dry.
Also, just because you are applying lashes, it does not mean that you dont need to curl and apply mascara! It is very important that your natural lashes and false lashes bind together! Seperated lashes are a mega faus pax.
Anw the main purpose why I wanted to do this post, it to show yall the different types of lashes that I like, and the different effects it gives.
I am not a lash snob - I use both expensive and better quality lashes and the cheaper, more plasticky looking ones. Not all cheap lashes are bad, we just need to know how to choose the right ones, and learn how to use them properly.
1) Personally, my favourite type of lashes to use are the type that goes from short to long and flares out at the ends. For these sort of lashes, it is important that the hairs are soft and natural looking. So I would not recommend getting those that look very plastic, cos it loses the flirty, messy effect.
These add a nice touch of drama to your eyes without looking too over the top, cos it is voluminous without being too long.
2) These are the inspired Ardell Lashes that I got from Taobao. They are also very nice glam lashes. Very pretty for nights out and special occassion, but they may be a little much for daily use.
If you look closely, the second type are messier and the part near the the lash band is a little criss crossed. This makes the lashes look slightly messier and I really like the effect that it gives.
3) These are my formal event/ presentation lashes. Yes I wear falsies when I have presentations, it makes me feel more confident heh. I think these are very work and day appropriate especially for people who have short and very little lashes. Criss crossed lashes are for volume and because these are not too long, they help to add volume to your lashes without making it look too dramatic.
I like them cos they help to make my eyes look more defined and a whole lot prettier :D My mum got them in Hong Kong for me so I am not sure where to get this :/
4) These are the kind of lashes that I dont really like. They are very long, but they don't add volume to the lashes. These would be good for those who have thick lashes, that may not be long.
Also, since they are lengthening without being voluminous, I think it looks quite odd and unnatural cos your lashes just looks ridiculously long and feeble.
5) These were the lashes that I used to love. They are a good combination of volume and length. They are also very dramatic. I have not been wearing these very often recently, cos I think as I get older I am not favouring the dramatic look anymore.
But they are beautiful~! I get these at a shop at Bugis Village. It is the beauty store on level 2 ( the air conditioned part) that is near the toilet. Before I started buying lashes online, I always bought lashes from that shop. It sells these 'premium lashes' at the cheapest price. They are 25 SGD for 2 boxes of 5 pairs each, which is one of the cheapest in bugis I think.
5) Mega dramatic lashes. These are the lashes that taiwanese girls use when they do their extreme makeovers on TV. They look quite intimidating, but they are not that scary I promise.
For those with single eyelids, these lashes with a very stiff band would be suitable and can be more flattering because the stiff band would help to support the eyelids and can help to create the double eyelid effect.
6) Single lashes. These lashes are very commonly used at weddings, because they create very natural drama and we are able to control how long or voluminous we want our lashes to look.
We can add a couple to single lashes to the ends to add a nice flair to the lashes.
7) These are the cheapest and my most commonly used lashes at the moment. As you can see, it looks very plasticky, stiff and whole lot less pretty than the more expensive ones, but that is only the case when you use them whole.
I LOVE using them as half lashes. Just cut them into half and add them to the ends of your lashes to create very natural volume, length and definition to your eyes. They are really flattering, and perfect for daily use cos they look so natural.
Also, half lashes are a whole lot easier to apply than an entire strip of lash ^^
1) When your expensive lashes are looking abit wonky after a few uses, dont throw them away yet, cut them into half and use them as half lashes!
If you are using the ones that are shorter in front and longer at the ends, I would suggest using the shorter ones as half lashes. Cos the longer ends tends to be a wee bit too long to be used as half lashes, but its up to you!
2) When buying lashes online. I would suggest buying lashes online when you are a bit more experienced, or after you have read reviews and know what type of lashes suit you, or when you know what you want. This is because when you buy from ebay or taobao, there are so many options available and it can get overwhelming.
Selecting the right type of lashes is very important! Not all lashes would be suitable for everyone~
Im sorry for the lack of updates, I have had an insanely busy week and barely enought time to get any rest at all, cos I had to prepare for my Korea trip. I am going on a summer program with my faculty. The overseas part is 5 days long. We will be going to Korea to look at 1) Investment properties and funds that Singaporean firms has invested in Korea 2) Urban planning practices and policies in Seoul. We would have to do a project and presentation when we come back :/
I will be leaving for Korea tonight for 2 weeks~~~ meanwhile, I am hoping that I would have the time to blog. Since I will only have my Ipad with me, I will try my best to blog with my ipad!
I have have a whole lot of ideas for new posts, hauls and stuff so I am very excited!!!!
Before I end off, I would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY ATHEENA Love you so much babe!
These are pictures of the celebration that we had at Bar on 5 and Avalon :)